Billy Kelly does it…well… again, with his latest titled AGAIN!!!. The prolific Mr. Kelly’s most recent full length release is chock full of banjo driven (though not at all Bluegrass) humor that ranges from stories of lost sweaters to songs about his favorite dog and stretches all the way over into classic rock territory with a cover of ELO’s “Mr. Blue Sky.” A very fine release, if we’ve ever heard one.
This week on Ages 3 and Up! we went on a voyage to the moon and celebrated Saint Patrick’s Day with the story of Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. Hopefully our voyagers have since returned to Earth and are safely back where they belong. If YOU are a voyager who is stuck on the moon, you should get in touch ASAP; we have songs to help with that, too!
Here’s what we played:
- Yo La Tengo– “My Little Corner of the World”- I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One
- Takagi Masakatsu– “Come March”- v/a Childish Music
- Key Wilde & Mr. Clarke– “Going To The Moon”- Rise and Shine
- Sheree Plett– “Times Two”- Hello Night (And check out the lovely new Times Two book!)
- The Harmonica– “Supermoon”- Apple Apple
- Paul Spring– “See The Moon”- Home of Song
- Meadows– “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”- The Littlest Star
- Frances England– “Goldilocks Zone”- v/a Science Fair
- Beethoven’s Wig– “Voyage to the Moon (Clair de Lune)”- Sing Along Piano Classics
- The Speks– “Saint Patrick’s Day”- http://thespeks.com
- Virginia Lee Burton/ The London Philharmonic/ Yadu– “Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel”- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
- Billy Kelly– “Mr. Blue Sky”- AGAIN!!!
Happy days, folks!