Meadows‘ The Littlest Star is one of our favorite releases from 2011! This one features a lot of traditional kids’ songs done in an updated indie-folk style, and few less traditional kids’ songs also done in an indie-folk style. Very, very nice stuff. Read more about it at Zooglobble, then read EVEN more about it at Zooglobble again. (REALLY. You WANT to do this.) Oh, and be sure to check out their video, below the playlist.
This week on Ages 3 and Up! we played morning time music, alphabet tunes, songs to make grocery shopping more fun, and jazz for kids. (‘Cause we love the jazz for kids.)
- Patty Griffin– “I Love”- v/a I Love: Tom T. Hall’s Songs of Fox Hollow
- Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band– “Like Never Before”- Oh Lucky Day!
- Medeski Martin & Wood– “The Squalb”- Let’s Go Everywhere
- Rabbit!– “When We Were Young”- Go For It
- Meadows– “The Alphabet Song”- The Littlest Star
- Johnny Cash– “Ah Bos Ce Dah”- The Johnny Cash Children’s Album
- John Upchurch and Mark Greenberg– “A Counting Error”- John and Mark’s Children’s Record
- Elizabeth Mitchell– “Alphabet Dub”- You Are My Sunshine
- Alan Mills– “Animal Alphabet Song”- v/a Smithsonian Folkways Children’s Collection
- The Pop Ups– “Subway Train”- Outside Voices
- Nick Cope– “The Very Long Shopping List”- My Socks
- They Might Be Giants– “I Am A Grocery Bag”- No!
- The Uninvited Loud Precision Band– “The Uninvited Parade Strikes Again”- v/a Blue Moo
- Oran Etkin feat. Charenee Wade– “Little Lamb Jam”- Wake Up Clarinet!
- Duke Ellington– “Chim Chim Cheree”- Duke Ellington Plays Mary Poppins
- Frances England– “Charlie Parker”- Fascinating Creatures
- Ella Fitzgerald– “Old Mother Hubbard”- Miss Ella’s Playhouse
- Coal Train Railroad– “It’s Hard To Listen”- Coal Train Railroad
And check out this video from Meadows: