I like this! It’s the most recent from Scribblemonster & His Pals, titled Look Both Ways. It’s a collection of covers they’ve done of classic songs from Sesame Street. I actually have some of the records some of these songs were released on, and remember others from when I was a kid! Scribblemonster & His Pals do a fantastic job with the songs- really do them justice. Recommended, for sure!
Playing a little catch up right now. Here’s the playlist from a couple of weeks ago.
We played a couple of songs heralding the beginning of spring, a couple of other songs about the kinds of snakes we DON’T like, crazy name songs, a small tribute to Sesame Street, songs with videos featured in Zooglobble‘s KidVid Tournament 2011 (which was being hosted by our site that day), lullabies, and one from Aaron Raitiere- who will be joining us for a live, in-studio performance on Saturday, April 2nd.
WHAT A MOUTHFUL THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN, IF I’D BEEN TALKING!
- Duplex- “Hibernation”- Worser
- Frances England- “Spring Has Sprung”- Family Tree
- Uncle Rock- “Sneaky Snake”- The Big Picture
- Clementown- “Tattlesnake”- Polkabats and Octopus Slacks: The Music!
- Jim Copp and Ed Brown- “The Dog That Went To Yale”- Agnes Mouthwash and Friends vol. 1
- The Hollow Trees- “The Squirrel (Angus MacFergus MacTavish Dundee)- Wacky’s Tackle
- Sesame Street (Grover)- “Thirty Two Cracks In The Sidewalk”- The People In Your Neighborhood
- Scribblemonster & His Pals- “Good Morning, Mr. Sun”- Look Both Ways
- Brian Vogan and His Good Buddies- “How To Fly”- Sing A Little Song
- John Upchurch and Mark Greenberg- “A Counting Error”- John and Mark’s Children’s Record
- Sugar Free Allstars- “Cars And Trucks”- Funky Fresh and Sugar Free
- The Not-Its!- “Green Light, Go!”- Time Out To Rock!
- Essie Jain- “It’s A Big Wide World”- The Light of Morning
- Daniel Martin Moore- “The Hour of Sleep”- v/a Putumayo Kids Presents: Acoustic Playground
- The Rest- “Pure Imagination”- v/a Sing Me To Sleep: Indie Lullabies
- Aaron Raitiere- “My Big Back Yard”- Songs For Cool Kids
And dig the weeds, too!: