This week on Ages 3 and Up! we got locked out of the car. Seriously. If you click the player below, you can hear me whine about it.
Things could definitely have gone better, but they also could have gone worse. As I am an eternal optimist, here is a list of GREAT things that happened as a result of my losing the car keys while frolicking in a pile of leaves at the park:
1. I got to spend quality time trick-or-treating with my sister on Halloween.
2. Kid-O didn’t actually trick-or-treat as George Bush (original costume pictured at right).
3. I got to visit a friend who I would not otherwise have seen on Halloween- because he lived close to the park and we needed a ride.
4. I didn’t warp Kid-O’s mind by taking him to the Thriller re-enactment before he was ready.
5. I saved some gas.
6. I didn’t have to carry a huge bag of CD’s to WRFL in the morning, or worry about forgetting anything when I left the station.
7. I got to play a funny song about a vampire that I would not otherwise have played.
8. I was able to frolick in the same pile of leaves the next day, while looking for the car keys.
9. We got to celebrate when we FOUND the car keys in the pile of leaves!! Hooray!
10. I was able to take THIS opportunity to think about how much worse things could have been, and be thankful for the fact that they weren’t. Hooray again!!
Here’s what was played on Ages 3 and Up!:
Wee Hairy Beasties– “The Lonely Vampire”- Wee Scary Beasties
The Not-It’s– “Helicopter”- 8 Songs
And… here’s a video.