LOTS of great new music out right now, including this this one from Heidi Swedberg and The Sukey Jump Band, titled My Cup of Tea. Heidi and friends’ most recent features some excellent songs sung in Spanish, a Harry Bellefonte cover, traditional American tunes like “Comin’ Round the Mountain” and “Simple Gifts” AND, just in time for Halloween, one about the “Boogie Man.” SO fun!
Songs about personal hygiene and in honor of Halloween this week on Ages 3 and Up! (Where else can you find good clean fun with werewolves???)
Here’s what was played:
- Montag- “Kiddo 2″- v/a See You On The Moon!
- Charlie Hope- “My Balloon”- World of Dreams: Soothing Songs and Lullabies
- Frances England- “Red Balloon”- Mind of My Own
- Lloyd H. Miller- “I’m a Duck!”- S.S. Brooklyn
- Brian Vogan and His Good Buddies- “Wash Your Hands”- Sing A Little Song
- Chromeo- “Nice ‘N’ Clean”- v/a Yo Gabba Gabba!: Music is Awesome
- The Okee Dokee Brothers- “Wash Your Face”- Take It Outside
- Dog On Fleas- “Rub A Dub”- Bestest of the Best
- Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals- “Splashing in the Tub”- Taxi
- Keller Williams- “Taking a Bath”- Kids
- Vered- “Bathtime”- Good Morning My Love
- Lullatone- “The Bathtime Beat”- The Bedtime Beat
- Elizabeth Mitchell- “Arm in Arm”- Blue Clouds
- Cat Doorman- “With Linked Arms”- Songbook
- Heidi Swedberg and The Sukey Jump Band- “Comin’ ‘Round the Mountain”- My Cup of Tea
- Key Wilde & Mr. Clarke- “Animal Alphabet”- Pleased to Meet You
- Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band- “Thingamajig”- Lishy Lou and Lucky Too
- Justin Roberts- “Trick or Treat”- Jungle Gym
- Playsoundz- “Werewolves Outside My Window”- Electronic Music for Children
- Gustafer Yellowgold- “Werewolves Rock”- Year in the Day
- Mo Phillips- “Monster Suit”- Monster Suit
- You And Me And The Rain- “For Halloween This Year”- Single
We hope you enjoyed hearing what we had play this week. Be sure to tune in next week for our annual Halloween show and, in the meantime, please enjoy this video for You And Me And The Rain‘s “For Halloween This Year.” CHEERS!
Our playlist here gets updated from time to time but if you ever have questions about what we’ve been playing, you should check our official playlist at WRFL’s site. From the homepage, you’ll click the “Search” button, then enter any of the artists’ names you see in the playlist above. Click “Search” again and select Amberly’s name from the right of the list of results. This will show you everything Amberly has played for at least the past year. Please keep in mind that she sometimes does general format shifts, so not everything you find in this search will have been played on Ages 3 and Up!.
Falling for Autumn is the latest from the super kid-friendly Japanese minimalist pop group, Lullatone. Lullatone makes gorgeous, mostly electronic instrumental music. As its name would imply, the EP has an autumnal feel and features songs about falling leaves, sweater weather and migrating birds. Highly recommended!
Helloooo, lovely Ages 3 and Up! readers and listeners! Here’s a quick run down of what we played this week and what’s been going on with our show.
This week we played:
- Neil Halstead- “Cloudbusting”- v/a Sing Me To Sleep: Indie Lullabies
- Sheree Plett- “Leave No Trace Behind”- Hello Night
- Cat Doorman- “Turn Around”- Songbook
- Justin Roberts- “No Matter How Far”- Lullaby
- Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band- “Squirrelly the Squirrel”- A Potluck
- Brian Vogan- “That’s How A Pumpkin Grows”- Little Songs
- Caspar Babypants- “Tumble”- This Is Fun!
- Yo La Tengo- “Autumn Sweater”- I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One
- Lullatone- “Raindrops Plucking the Last Leaves From a Tree”- Falling For Autumn
- Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals- “Popcorn Tree”- All I Want!
- Elena Yeung- “Popcorn”- Dandelion
- Tipsy- “Popcorn”- v/a Dimension Mix: The Music of Bruce Haack and Esther Nelson
- Hot Butter- “Popcorn”- Hot Butter
- Shine and The Moonbeams- “Do You Ever Stop?”- Shine and The Moonbeams
- Key Wilde & Mr. Clarke- “Bigga Bagga”- Pleased to Meet You
- Dean Jones- “When The World Was New”- When The World Was New
- The Harmonica Pocket- “O Susanna”- Ladybug One
We have news! Our show has moved. You can still hear us on WRFL FM, 88.1 in Lexington KY, but we are now on from 9-10 AM EST instead of being on at 8 AM as we have been in years past. Please join us then. Unfortunately, because of our scheduling change, Miss Sarah is no longer able to be with us every other week: We will miss having her help out with the show just as much as we’re sure you will miss hearing her. Hopefully she’ll be able to fill in every now and then, as her schedule allows. This means Amberly will be your hostess on Ages 3 and Up! for the foreseeable future.
Our playlist here gets updated from time to time but if you ever have questions about what we’ve been playing, you should check our official playlist at WRFL’s site (linked above). From WRFL’s homepage, you’ll click the “Search” button, then enter any of the artists’ names you see in the playlist above. Click “Search” again and select Amberly’s name from the right of the list of results. This will show you everything Amberly has played for at least the past year. Please keep in mind that she sometimes does general format shifts, so not everything you find in this search will have been played on Ages 3 and Up!.
Here’s an older song from Lullatone. “Leaves Falling” from their Little Songs About Raindrops album. Enjoy!
Happy Mother’s Day!! This was Amberly’s first show back after attending Kindiefest, the family music conference, so she had piles of new things to play. Click some of the links below for more information and be sure to check out Helen Austin‘s JUNO award winning album for kids and families, Always Be A Unicorn. It is, as you’ll hear in the video below our playlist, “Lovely.”
Happy days, Lovely ones!